Thematic Photographic 16 - Nature
I know it's a few days late but there is really no time limit to participate. Carmi chose "Nature" for this week's theme and since I spent a good part of my week in an urban setting I went back through some photos taken about 9 days ago.
Here at the Waddell's we really enjoy watching humming birds. At times they provide hours of entertainment for us as they fight, wrestle, and dance over possession of half-dozen feeders hung about our yard. Our three favorites are positioned strategically where Ben can easily see them.
I was actually quite pleased with this early evening shot. Using the regular 3.5-5.6/18-70 lens I set the front storm door ajar and waited for feeding time. I estimate that was approximately ten feet away. Since the little guy is about the size of my thumb I'm fairly proud of this shot.
Here is how you can participate:
- Every Wednesday evening, written, Inc. posts a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...nature.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post one per day, many per day, one each day of the entire week, whatever suits your fancy. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.