Monday, March 12, 2007

Top Ten Things Heard Today (so far)

1. "I smell something really bad. It must be daddy." Jessie getting ready for school this morning. The smell turned out to be a pair of her socks that evidently sat in the washer too long before they were dried.

2. Ooh, ooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell?
Ooh, ooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - "That Smell"

3. "I'm so glad you're wearing that instead of a dress." Jessie to me in reference to yesterday's shopping excursion as I was getting dressed this morning.

4. Time is short and here's the damn thing about it
You're gonna die, gonna die for sure
And you can learn to live life with love or without it
But there ain't no cure

John Hiatt - "Slow Turnin'"

5. "I have something special picked out to wear when I pick you up from school this afternoon. Just don't look in Mom's closet." Me in response to Jessie.

6. Never judge a book by it's cover
or who you gonna love by your lover
Sayin' love put me wise to her love in disguise
She had the body of a Venus, Lord imagine my surprise.

Aerosmith - "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"

7. "This new Progressive Lens is essentially a bifocal lens which I'm sure would benefit you at your age." The optician to me this morning as me and Ben were getting new pairs of glasses. Nurse Lisa was witness to this remark.

8. Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Neil Young - "Old Man"

9. "Ben that's a nice collection of balls you got there." Okay, so this was actually said over the weekend when a friend stopped by and commented on Ben watching basketball fondling his nice set of balls.

10. I been down this road just searching' for the end
It don't go nowhere, it just brings you back again
Leaves you lonely and cold, standin' on the shoulder
But you've come too far to go back home
So you're walkin' on a nowhere road

Steve Earle - "Nowhere Road"

No comments: