Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Much Better Day!

Slowly but surely Ben is returning to his happy fun-loving personality. Quite honestly we've all been worried that the severity of his seizures the other night created some new neurological problems. I guess we should've listened a bit more closely to Nurse Lisa yesterday.

Those of you who've had a migraine headache can appreciate that comparison with Ben's episode the other night. When your body has experienced that kind of trauma it's going to take a few days to return to normal. Some other good examples: whiplash, stomach pains after being severely nauseated, a panic attack, even a good old bump on the noggin leaves a bruise.

Anyway, Ben is relaxing in his giant football beanbag chair watching cartoons. Yours truly is working on some paintings while waiting for some guests to arrive for a "studio tour." They are awfully excited so I've chilled a bottle of wine to alleviate their disappointment when their tour consists of visiting our den, Ben's therapy room, and our bonus room. I've throw some old brushes and empty tubes of paint around the house just to make things look a bit more artsy. I have a beret somewhere in my closet but it's currently stuffed to the gills with half the stuff that was residing in the floor of our bonus room...er...studio.

Thanks for the posts and good thoughts for us the past few days! It truly means a great deal to me. I think several left some questions which I will get to later in the weekend.

***Update***

What a terrific afternoon I've had! The studio visit was an absolute blast! I wanna thank Andre and Colleen for visiting us today. Yes, I sold some artwork but the best part was making friends so easily with two awesome folks. They made me feel like I was entertaining family.

9 comments:

an artist on the edge said...

Hi Bennie,

sooo glad to hear that Ben is doing better - it's always nice to see that sunshine break through those black clouds after a storm...

Your preparations for the studio tour sound a lot like mine - i think i'll have to prepare some cardboard pop-up walls with an easel painted on it, and some artsyfartsy things, just to make the bedlam that usually houses my artwork look more legit as a studio. Then again, it probably makes a bigger impression on people to see real life happening all around an artist that creates beautiful things amidst the chaos - probably more so than just a perfectly clean and organized studio (always distrust a clean painting area - a sure sign of someone too focused on cleanliness and not enough on what they are painting on - my motto as an artist :o) )

I'm glad the tour was a good experience for you - maybe you should make that as part of the first friday events in Greenville to bring more people in to see your work. Then again, if Ben is back to being his cute little self again, they won't have time to see your work, they'll be busy smiling back at him.

Thanks for the update - your blog is the one highlight of my online time lately. I usually visit after doing the whole removespambleepthroughadsfindtheimportantstuffanswerthe anavoidablesandfunonesandignoretheothers process - that gets me through the boring stuff faster...
have a great Sunday tomorrow!

Conni

kimmyk said...

i'm glad to hear ben is doing better today!

and also glad to hear your studio tour went well.

what's ben's favorite cartoon to watch?

Ben and Bennie said...

Conni: so good to hear from you! I've been thinking about your family the past few days and wondering why we haven't traveled down 85 the twenty minutes it would take to visit you and Peter. Expect a good long e-mail this week. I checked your schedule and it looks like we'll be attending some more shows together this season. We'll have a blast.

Kim: Sponge Bob! He has been known to sit through an entire afternoon watching a SB marathon.

Kyla said...

I'm glad Ben is feeling better. Now I have to do a bit of back reading! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that Ben is getting back to his normal jovial self! Hopefully the upturn will continue, so we can have a great week!

Jeni said...

phewww....

glad you're all doing better.

Go Bears!

Her Bad Mother said...

SOOOOO glad to hear that he's doing better!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bennie.
Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that Colleen and I had a great time visiting with you. We also feel like we've made a friend in Greenville. We're looking forward to getting to visit with you again soon.
The artwork looks great in our home, by the way.
Best to you, Joan, Ben and Jessie.
Andre

Ben and Bennie said...

Andre, it was MY pleasure! I honestly feel the same. I look forward to hanging out with you guys again soon. Maybe we can work out going to dinner together Flowertown weekend.