Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blogged by Ben

Greeting to all my internet friends! I hope you are happy, hopeful, and full of smiles! I am. I just can't help myself sometimes particularly when I've had such a great day. My Dad came into my therapy room just a few minutes ago to check on me. I had a very long nap this afternoon because I was exhausted!

I went to school today and I carried a "special guest" with me: my sister went to school with me today! It was a real surprise to me because she was supposed to go to her school like usual.

My Mom flew to a place called Louisville, Kentucky yesterday and didn't get home until late so Dad let me and Jessie stay up to greet her. I just couldn't get to sleep last night so I just played with my bedtime buddies during the night. I have Winnie the Pooh who sleeps beside me but my Dad says the real culprits are Fast Freddy the Frog and Buster the Central Park Squirrel. He also told me I was going to school this morning when he kissed me goodnight last night. I guess I was a little bit excited.

Anyway, I really didn't want to wake up this morning and I guess Jessie didn't either so Dad let Jessie hang out with us! I was so proud to introduce Jessie to my friends and teachers! She made sure she had learned all of their names before the end of the day. On the way home she told Dad that one day she's going to invite all her school friends to my school one day to volunteer.


I think my Dad was a little sad today because he got some bad news but I think me and Jessie made him feel better. Before my nap he promised me that he and I would paint together on Friday since tomorrow is a school day. Oh yes, one last thing. My new wheelchair has been the talk of my school! All the teachers and therapists have been coming in to see it. I'm so proud!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ben!
All of your classmates and teachers were thrilled to see you and Jessie today. Her smile and interest in all of you guys was such a blessing for all of us grown-ups to see.
Also wanted to give a great big thank you and your Dad for the check you gave our class this week. Miss Kristy put it in our class fund. What do you say we save up to buy a new sensory table? I think you'd like that a lot.
Hugs,
Miss Kristy

The Curmudgeon said...

It's experiences like this that help us deal better with experiences like that you blogged about immediately below.

Don't you think so too?

Ben and Bennie said...

Most definitely, my friend. Most definitely.