I'm convinced of two things about life, at least for the moment. I'm certain there is a God (1) and that He really pisses me off sometimes (2). I guess that leads to a known sub-fact (2-a) that if I knew what God was really up to then that would make me God which I guess would be another sub-fact (2-b). That leads me to another thought: I need a job right now but I sure as hell don't want to be God (1-b or 2-c?).
Despite my ongoing battle with The Big Guy my reflections this week are very positive. I've had another seven days with my best friends: Ben, Jessie, and Joan. I couldn't ask for anything more. Okay, I lied. I can ask for a lot more but I'm not ready to push my luck at this time.
Top Ten Things I'm Thankful for in 2006
1. Despite seasonal allergies we're all healthy.
3. The color red (that is Ben's favorite color).
4. My Mom. Thank God she's still kicking like a mule. Joan would've divorced me years ago if she hadn't been around to referee.
5. My brothers and their families. Damn, I miss them so very much. All of them.
6. The Washington Center, Ben's school. I guess #6a through #6c would be Kristy, Doris, and Sallie. I love you ladies so very much! Of course y'all know Ben's feelings already.
7. Ben's nurses: Vickie, Jenny, Lisa, and Julie. See #6 for the tag line.
8. Diet Coke. I blame Joan for this addiction.
9. Getting to earn a living as an artist even if it was short-lived.
10. Tie: Joan, Jessie, and Ben. There are times that I can just think about any one of them and my heart skips a beat. It is a privilege to live in their presence.
I told you I've ridden a horse!