Saturday, August 14, 2010

What I Did on Vacation (by Ben)

On deck and ready for a fabulous week!

Mom wasn't real happy with some of the neighbors.



Hand battered shrimp! A secret family recipe is a perfect match for the fresh local variety 
(I'll bet if you ask Mom will tell you).

Mom says you have to use an electric skillet to fry them right.

This is how you make a picky 13-year-old eat a BIG meal!

Add some fresh (just raked that day) steamed oysters and we now have a seafood banquet!

I think I have the prettiest sister in the world!
Our favorite grill by the sea.

Grill, Daddy, Grill!

Carolina Gumbo! Grilled fish and sausage mixed with baked okra, squash, tomatoes, & onions. Add a side of purple hull peas and Silver Queen corn.

Don't forget a big fat fresh tomato. Hungry yet?

Sneaky Me-Ma! She walked up from the beach and made me laugh!

Hey Jessie, I had wonderful time. Did you?

But I think it's time for a nap...

So I can dream about returning to the sea!

2 comments:

Neeroc said...

Everything looks absolutely wonderful! I love that final picture, I can only dream of smelling the ocean breeze and hearing the waves crashing on the shore.

Kyla said...

Looks like a great time!!