Monday, March 08, 2010

Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Two Bens in a Tub

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've gotten to blog. I just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate the nice thoughts and prayers you send my way, particularly last week when I had to go to the hospital. The folks there are very kind but it is definitely my least favorite place to visit.

Usually I'm kind of grungy after a hospital stay so I get to take a bath with my best friend - my Daddy! I love the water so I cannot wait until we can get in our pool again! Of course it'll be another couple of months before it is warm enough for me to swim. In the mean time I'll settle for splashing about in my tub.

Sophie, our kitty always has to check out every thing I'm doing. Even though she's not supposed to, Sophie occasionally sleeps at night on my feet and curls up on my wheelchair when I'm not in it. If I'm playing with my toys she wants to play too!

When Jessie was younger (and much smaller) the three of us used to get into the tub together. That was a lot of fun because we used to make a big sloppy mess with bubbles and soap! Now Mom and Dad say I'm way too big to get three of us in the tub. I still laugh a bunch though when I set my sights on Jessie's shower stuff.

As you can see it doesn't take me long to earn another trip to the tub!

2 comments:

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

LOVE the title of your blog, A Work of Art. How inspiring!
Lindsey Petersen

charlie said...

Hello!
I work at Creative Clay Cultural Arts Center (which focuses on making art-making accessible!) and would love to have you guys down to Florida for our Art Festival in October!

You can check us out at creativeclay.org and click on "folkfest"

I've just followed you on Twitter if you want to contact us. Charlie@creativeclay.org