Friday, February 06, 2009

Hopeful Parents

There is some irony in the title I've chosen for today's entry. In the bigger scale of blogging in general that phrase is a very special hint about something you'll have to return here tomorrow to find out about. In fact this post will be rather uneventful since I've emptied my noggin earlier today working on Saturday's secret. Essentially I'll be introducing our readers to a brand spanking new website that not only am I a part of but some of my very favorite exceptional parenting bloggers happen to be writers there as well. Membership is free and open to anyone who wants to join. So be sure to check in with us this weekend.

We are also hopeful that Ben will be well soon. Although he gave us a few smiles earlier this morning he's now back on oxygen. The worry here is that the junk he cannot clear from his lungs turns to pneumonia. I'm almost one hundred percent certain that he's headed to the pediatrician first thing in the morning. Keep the little guy in your thoughts and prayers.

I have to admit this has been one long and grueling week. Although we've had nursing help for Ben sleep for me and Joan has been at a premium price. We've either been feeling the effects of this virus ourselves or we've had our ears glued to Ben's monitor. Hopefully (See? There's that word again) the weekend will give us a chance to catch up on rest.

Now I'm off to grab another box of Kleenex and some hot soup. Hopefully (There it is again!) I'll actually discover some Ramen Noodles in the cupboard. If I find some Jack Daniels you just might not hear from me until Monday.

5 comments:

Kyla said...

Hope Ben is all better soon.

We're feeling super lucky that KayTar actually made it through 5 days of school this week. That's a rarity!

flutter said...

Hope Ben is well soon!

Linda said...

I keeping Ben in my thoughts...

As for you-ramen and Jack Daniels=jackpot!

Linda said...

I keeping Ben in my thoughts...

As for you-ramen and Jack Daniels=jackpot!

Anonymous said...

just peeking my head in to say i love this picture of ben! he looks so thoughtful...

***hugs to all***
gypsy