Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Helping Out a Friend

Brian over at Looky, Daddy is on a quest. As luck would have it his quest has me very curious as to what they are planning to do with the information they gather. There is wonderful potential for their findings. A book? A new religion? New vlog videos? America's Funniest Home Videos? A reality show?

Of course if you've been following along, the summer the Looky, Daddy Family just survived would've blown Survivor Gabon's ratings out of the water were it a reality series. This post pretty much summarizes their misadventures of broken bones, hospital visits, twins starting school, seizures, and whole slew of other adverse situations encountered. As the old saying goes, if it weren't for bad luck they'd have no luck at all.

So go over to visit with Brian and his daughter Kathryn. Wish them well and pass along your own "good luck remedies" whether home-made, legendary or whatnot. In all honesty I truly admire Brian's humor in dealing with some of the issues they face. All of us with a special child quickly develop thick skin along with a dark sense of humor. With that said I know you will enjoy getting to know them.

BTW, they are asking you to e-mail your responses rather than via comments. It is so that you will be encouraged to be as detailed and lengthy as possible. And via Twitter someone has already suggested having a bird poop on Kathryn's head. Good stuff people, good stuff!

2 comments:

we_be_toys said...

I haven't gone to read yet - I'm supposed to be packing lunches right now - but I will soon.
Any friend of Bencenzo's is a friend of mine!

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me!"

Brian said...

I'm touched. But I do have to point out that, while we are certainly getting kicked over here, it is still nothing compared to the incredible punishment that half the world is inflicted with daily. A broken arm that won't heal straight and a seizure disorder are only worth mentioning in a land where potable water comes from a tap and I don't have to lug my kid on my back to the doctor in a village days away just to get her a shot of antibiotics.

But, having said that, I'm thinking a Luck Quest will still be great fun, and it won't hurt. At least I hope it won't...