Monday, July 28, 2008

Turn! Turn! Turn!


Turn! Turn! Turn! - Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band


It is remarkable to see, read, and hear about the passion that young people have about this year's elections. I grew up in the 60s and 70s when a generation of young people had the same passion for civil rights, weeding out corrupt politicians, and ending an unjustified war. Honestly I thought I'd never see it again in my lifetime. I hope Congress will finally pay attention to the changes the American people are demanding. After all, they do work for us.

7 comments:

moplans said...

It has amazed me for years how few people wanted to call on people whose job is to help them.
These are exciting times.

Anonymous said...

Amen.....

I think after Bush, even Congress wants a change.

we_be_toys said...

What goes around, comes around. Besides, who under 30 doesn't think Barack Obama is the guy for the job? Okay, who under 30 who hasn't been brainwashed by the Moral Majority (Minority, more like it)?

Ben and Bennie said...

I really don't want this to become a political blog but change has GOT to come after the worst president in US history. I read an article this morning that until now Warren Harding arguably had that distinction until now. Guess who were his major money backers and held cabinet posts? Big time oil execs.

Now John McCain is bedding down with those same folks who got Bush elected.

Ben and Bennie said...

WTB, who OVER 30 doesn't think Obama is the guy for the job?;)

Nurse Betty L. Boop said...

I don't. McCain isn't the man for the job either, but it's safer to maintain the status quo, then it is to go off the deep end.

Anonymous said...

Like I said, I'm not turning this into a polly blog but $4 per gallons for gas, a mess in the Middle East, a record budget deficit, inflation, and an economic recession is NOT the status quo I'm gonna settle for. I don't blame Bush for it all - I blame the six years of Bush PLUS the republican-controlled Congress.