Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Alien vs. Predator



Okay, it's more like the Little Taco Dog versus the Masked Long-Nosed Big Cat with the striped tail. We didn't arrive at our camp site until 9:30 PM last Wednesday. Everyone else was exhausted so they all went to bed as soon as we got the camper set up. I however was keyed up from the drive so I built a campfire and kicked back for an hour or so.

Evidently some previous users of our site had been feeding a raccoon who came out to greet me. After watching him search around the camper I realized he was after Blaze's food so I moved the container inside. I did grab a scoop full and placed it at the edge of our site. It was really funny watching him scarf down the food while never taking his eyes off me.

Much to our surprise he returned around mid-day. Blaze was napping on Jessie's lap and didn't even notice our guest for about twenty minutes. In the mean time I turned Ben's stroller so he could see "Rocky." Ben couldn't stop "talking" to his new friend.

Here's what happened when our "guard dog" figured out what was going on. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

Killer dog.
For reals.

I love that the raccoon was all...what up yo??!? Throwin' up his rock fingers.