Friday, August 17, 2007

Ramblings and Musings

I like these nifty bullet thingies. Since my brain is fried from staring at a computer screen the past 48 hours trying to master my new printer I thought I'd let you in on what I'm thinking about:

  • I'm headed to Blowing Rock again this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see how some folks found this site next week through Google. You just can't imagine what typing "Blowing Rock" does for the Site Meter.
  • Our chihuahua has an infatuation with the girl's panties. As I sit here in my office waiting for the next print to come out I've seen the little guy run by about every 30 seconds dragging another pair of undies. It's pretty hilarious seeing a dog the size of a large rat do this. I also don't want to speculate on why my underwear is of no interest to him.
  • This is the last day of the summer for the kids. School starts Monday. I know some parents who are really looking forward to it but I'm a bit depressed. I truly enjoy having the kids around all day. I feel I'm getting a little extra time to watch them grow up. It also dawned on me that Jessie is now one year away from middle school. Now that's terrifying!
  • For the first time this summer I think I'm ready for some fall weather. I guess having temperatures hover around triple digits for the last two weeks might've had something to do with that. With the lack of rain we'll probably have another one of those autumns when the leaves just turn brown and drop off the trees. that's not too good for a guy who mainly relies on painting landscapes.
  • I've really enjoyed exchanging e-mails with another PKS parent. Dawn Berquist is the chairperson for PKS Kids Network. Most of the regular readers already know about Gretchen Peters and her beautiful son Simon. The PKS Kids held a conference last weekend and it sounded like a wonderful event. Dawn just gave me the dates for next year's reunion and it's a weekend I typically have no show. I've already penciled it in on our calendar!
Well I guess that's it for now. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back real soon hopefully to report great sales. Be sure to share any interesting driving experiences you might have had in yesterday's blog comment section. I'm really interested in hearing about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Glad you've met Dawn and SUPER-glad you're coming to Philly!