Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We Got the Funk

Yep, the evil Mothership has landed and not Dr. Funkenstein's version pictured over to the right. The aliens are shooting us with their Bop Guns and there's nothing Bootsy, Sly, George, The Ohio Players, or The Isley Brothers can do to save us now.

We'd really like to Tear the Roof off the Sucker and Give Up the Funk but we're using our Flash Light to check children's throats (and our own). Two of us are running fevers that make us think of Fire and that swimmy-headed feeling of Jessie's has her on our own Love Rollercoaster.

Maybe Ronnie Isley can lead the way and Fight the Power. Or maybe Maurice White and the rest of Earth, Wind, and Fire could arrange for a Getaway. At least they can explain That's the Way of the World. And at the very least there's good old Nyquil which will let me and Joan enjoy our night-time Fantasy and we''ll be better on Saturday Night.

Anyway, I hope every one else is feeling better these days. It'll be 70 degrees outside in about 48 hours and in the immortal words of The Brothers Johnson, Ain't We Funking Now?

Did I give away my age again? Skp, I dedicate this post to you my friend! Not the sickness part but the memories of some cool R&B.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

that's some funny stuff.

Ben and Bennie said...

My friend Jeni, let me introduce you to to cool when it was Kool ( as in the Gang). One very important thing my dad introduced me to was "black music." Yeah, Elvis was King but my dad made sure I knew where his music came from.

I was a "dirty white boy" growing up in an environment where blacks were still separate from whites. I went to the best concerts, one of which was Parliament circa 1976. My dad also took me to see Bo Diddley mid-80s.

I love those bands and miss them a great deal. The Isleys, Lakeside, and others influenced me as much as Aerosmith and Kiss.

Kyla said...

I hope you all feel better soon!