Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On the Palette


Brilliant Blue: Ben is showing signs of possibly coming down with something. I was worried I might give him whatever hit me last night. Stomach problems can send him to the hospital faster than a respiratory ailment. Of course they all start with increased seizure activity. Have I ever told you that seizures suck?

Permanent Green Light: Thanks to so many of you that have bought some artwork here or at some of the other links! I am humbled at times from the wonderful comments left here or through e-mail. We even have some folks wanting to visit the studio next weekend. Our door is always open for studio visits or just to hang out with Ben!

Cadmium Red: Ben's favorite color and the tube of paint I have just opened. Yeah, I got his message. Back to work! Actually we have some cool things we're working on. Thanks to my other little artist, Jessie for aiding with interpreting Ben's ideas.

Medium Magenta: My lovely wife doesn't like for me to talk too much about her on the blog and wants me to use as few pictures of her as possible. Evidently she thinks having two kids, enduring the stress of her 70+ hours a week job, and being over forty makes me find her less attractive than in years past. Well she's wrong. It was awesome to have her home BOTH DAYS this past weekend!

Prism Violet: Anybody else having freaking troubles with the "new" Blogger being a pain in the ass? I tell ya they're pissing me off!

Yellow Oxide: I just made a run to the grocery store and what a howl! You folks from the UK would get a kick out of what I saw or perhaps you'd have smacked the kids upside the head. Two teenagers in a suburban food mart are seen entering wearing black (faux I might add) leather jackets, ripped jeans that are WAY too small, along with black combat boots ala 1980.

The lass for a moment led me to believe she had a real mohawk. Nah. Short hair dyed with peroxide with a streak of black to resemble a mohawk. I could tell she was the "leader" of the couple because her markings about her clothing are homemade and rather unitelligible. Her non-alpha friend sported a store-bought "leather" jacket with The Clash's album London Calling album sleeve imprinted upon it's back. He had slicked-down hair like Brian Setzer from his Stray Cats days and a teenage version of Elvis-like sideburns (splotchy at best). I'm still laughing.

I wonder if these two have ever heard of the Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Pretenders, Iggy Pop, or T-Rex for that matter. I'm sure they borrowed a few of their parents albums and decided they would become some icon of society without knowing the social climate those bands were enduring and protesting against at that time. Most likely they perceived themselves as cool to the rest of us but to the trained eye they are just another funny joke. It makes me wonder if they really have listened to the songs of The Clash.

May I remind you that I live in the suburban "New South." Let us not inflict grits or even collard greens upon our society! I'm a social outcast since I won't say "yes ma'am or yes sir" when addressing my elders! Damn the man that makes us cook with hamhocks! It is anarchy!


And now playing on the jukebox: James McMurtry

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

I love how kids today think that they invented punk. Oh it's called 'EMO' now I forgot. They're so naive.

I bet red looks good on BEN. It's one of my favorites.

Hope he gets to feelin' better. I woke up this morning with a very sore throat. Tis the season and all...for sickness.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Do people out there say "kiss my grits!"

Because when I'm out there, it doesn't happen.

Kelly said...

Seizures do suck - I hope Ben is not getting ill! I know that fear all too well!

I finally added you to our friends link. :)

I love that the "punk" 80s are coming back!

The Curmudgeon said...

Nice... mostly... not the stuff about Blogger... but I hope the Mrs. appreciated the magenta. It made me smile.

Ben and Bennie said...

CTD, we never say that. We always eat them usually with stuff like cheese, sausage, and shrimp mixed in.

TC, it's now the weekend. I was waiting until now to show her that post since we'll have time to get all lovey-dovey.

Ben and Bennie said...

Oh yeah, KimmyK, did you wash your hands after typing over at Redneck Mommy's sight? I think that's where I picked up my stomach bug. Now I'm worried about pin worms...