Friday, October 20, 2006


From Bennie:


Hello to everyone reading our blog. We are so excited that Ben's first painting has sold! Thanks so very much!


I am leaving today for the Wooly Worm Festival in Banner Elk, North Carolina. It sounds a little hokie but I'm told it is fun. I've been very successful in that area this year and I'd like to thank the folks there that have supported me. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see the Worm Races (yep, you read that right). One of these days I hope to see the Lobster Races down in Aiken, South Carolina.


Ben is feeling much better today. It's amazing what a couple of doses of antibiotics will do for him. Fortunately this has been a mild episode - he has not needed any oxygen at all this week. Typically with the amount of congestion he's had we have to hook the O2 back up so he maintains a healthy O2 saturation level. In some way this is probably some kind of milestone for him.


Monday is "Paint Day" for Ben. Look for our next father-son work early next week. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
The photo is of Ben at Key West Grill in Myrtle Beach, SC. He has just tasted a Mango Daquiri. We had to order a "virgin" one afterwards for him and Jessie to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sooo excited to see the first painting you did sold!!!! I am sad that I wasn't the one to get the very first original :-( But congratulations, Ben! You did a great job! Get better over the weekend and Ms Vickie will be there to see you on Monday with her 'new eyes'!!!