Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving Thanks 1

This week I want to share some of the things I am most thankful for. Yeah, I know it's a bit cheesy but I do think that what folks treasure the most gives an interesting insight into their lives. Note that I'm not judging any of you posting your thankfulness each day this month on Facebook but I think it is much more difficult to condense one's true appreciations over the course of a few days.

Today I am thankful for my children. There was a time in my life that I would shutter had I not placed God in that number one spot. Jessie and Ben are the reasons I still maintain a relationship with The Heavenly Father/Mother albeit a much more improving one from this time last year.

In my honest opinion I think God likes this given his love for His/Her own son. For so many years I really never understood many of those passages where Jesus talked about looking at things through the eyes of a child or even his particular love for teaching children. I do now. In particular is the appreciation of Ben's incredible innocence. That boy has taught me more about unconditional love than any other person or experience in my entire life.

Today's cool quote is from Oprah Winfrey in honor of her retirement from her talk show: "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

2 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

That is a really good quote, even if it is from Oprah.

Sheerios Not Cheerios said...

Nice post thanks for shariing