Thursday, October 01, 2009

Birthday Eve!

As we prepare for a milestone tomorrow I've had the opportunity to reflect upon almost ten years of life with Ben. You can find my thoughts today over at Hopeful Parents! My hope is to share more later this weekend about our son's tenth birthday but alas, I will be working in Hendersonville, NC the next three days. Most likely we will have a family celebration sometime next week. Don't worry though - Ben will indeed have a special day tomorrow.

Each year about this time a local college hosts Ben's school for Challenge Day. That is their name for the Special Olympics. In 2009 it just so happens to fall on our son's birthday. We're letting Jessie skip school tomorrow so she and Joan for the first time get to watch Ben participate! I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures to share over the next few days.

In the mean time Ben is resting up for Challenge Day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I used to volunteer for Special Olympics. If it were my own son, oh my!!

GO GET 'EM BEN!!!!!!!!