Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blogged by Ben

Hello to all of my Blog Buddies! It has been awhile since you've heard from me. Sorry about that but my days are full and I'm having so much fun this spring.

I know you've already heard about our recent beach trip. What Dad hasn't said much about are the doctor appointments that have filled up my weekdays since we got home. Don't worry! Most of them have been timely check-ups.

Overall I am the healthiest I've ever been! Despite everyone else having severe allergy problems my nurses tell me that my lungs sound awesome! They sound so good that there is talk about me learning to live without my trache! Mom and Dad still aren't so sure but they are going to give it a try once the warmer weather stays.

Now that I'm fully recovered from the surgery on my inner thigh I'm looking forward to working on my therapy in my stander. I still want to learn how to walk and stand on my own. I practice with my mom almost every night. I guess the only downer is that Dad has to travel so much these days. We all miss him very much when he goes to sell his art. Plus he doesn't have time to finish the paintings we do together. But he has promised me that he will work on some of them this weekend in Augusta, Georgia!

My big sister is also happy and healthy. She has a bunch of dance competitions coming up which she is excited about. Hopefully I'll get to go to them. Most of her friends fawn all over me when I'm around and you know how much I like to flirt.

Well I must go now. Dad is painting tonight to keep up with inventory. I need to watch him to make sure he doesn't screw up anything. You know a critic's work is never done!

The photo is from earlier today. Jenny read to Ben on our front porch and then took him for a walk around the neighborhood. We welcome back the temperatures in the mid-70s.

7 comments:

kimmyk said...

Hi Ben!!

Hugs buddy! Enjoy your spring...and stay healthy! I'm sure you're mom and pops are excited at the very thought of you without your trache. Yeah for you! Yeah for them! Yeah for 70 degrees!

Tell your sis good luck with her dance competitions!!!

Kyla said...

Hi Ben!! No trache? That sounds amazing! And fun time in the stander? Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, my name is Simon, I'm 2 1/2 and I've got PKS too. I don't have a trache, but I do have a stander and my mom makes me go in it 'most every day. For about a half hour! The work never stops. Glad your docs say you're healthy--me too--it sure makes things easier.
Take care, buddy, hope I get to meet you soon!
Your new friend, Simon.
P.S. Please send some of that nice weather up to Michigan!!!

Anonymous said...

You met a buddy!! Yea! Hello Simon! *Waving Madly*

I'm sorry to hear your weekend sales sucked. But I am more than confident in knowing your next festival will rock.

I love the pic of Ben outside enjoying the rays with his sunglasses. Makes me think of my bug.

I'm glad you are back.

And I totally stole that Fric And Frac picture for my blog. Thanks!

Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

I had hoped you use that pic somewhere! Funny thing, Joan saw it first and ordered me to get a pic for t. (like I wouldn't have anyway).

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Ben. I have missed you. I agree with everyone else - you are a very strong boy and I think you will do well without your trach. Heck, how many times has it plugged during the night and no one know till the next morning?!?!? Missing you bunches...
Big hugs and kisses.

Anonymous said...

That last blog is from VICKIE. Sorry