Friday, February 23, 2007

Ten Things I Think This Week

1. Despite a touch of a cold Ben has had a great end to his week. The Kid is obviously feeling better because he has been WILD! I'll be sure to capture some video this weekend particularly of his huge smile. He has this thing now where he has the usual gaping grin but sticks his tongue out through his "cleft upper gum." Funny stuff.

2. For some reason I want to use black in my paintings for the very first time. I have no idea why. Should I?

3. I am so deeply in love with my family that I could not breath without them. I have the two most wonderful children in the world and the incredible wife to prove it. Perhaps this powerful thought has something to do with hitting the road next week?

4. I'm addicted to another website that is hysterically funny, stupid, argumentative, clever, non-politically correct and is the brain-child of one of my very best friends in the world. Oh yeah, we do occasionally talk about football. It is in transition at the moment but check out The New and Improved Unofficial Furman Football Website. You will have to register to fish around some of the forums but it's worth it.

5. I miss Redneck Mommy visiting and commenting here. I just can't seem to push KimmyK's buttons like she can. It seems like forever since anyone here at The B&B has had the opportunity to talk about fish or Mexican dildos or even good old-fashioned potty talk. I honestly have to say that she make me a much better blogger and more appreciative of my time with Ben. Note: I have a secret I'll reveal tomorrow that just might stir the pot.

6. I really wish CNN would cut out all of the freakin' Anna Nicole Smith coverage. We have Iran asking for another Bush invasion (heh heh, see how easy it is to squeeze something like that in? Oops, I did it again), Hilliary and Obama already in a cat fight, and freakish weather out in California driving Creative-Type Dad nuts. And yet all we get to watch are lawyers do what they do best: make a mess even messier. Plant the bimbo already! And for God's sake do some DNA testing and pick a father! Dang, she got around.

7. Speaking of bimbos, am I the only one finding the latest Britney Spears episodes absolutely hilarious? I'd pay good money to see her show up on SNL and tear up up photo of Pat Robertson. The Pope's been done before so for the sake of redundancy she'll need to use another religious icon. I think Pat fits the bill.

8. I love boiled peanuts...with a nice glass of Chardonnay.

9. I want some props from our female readers in the Blogosphere. Yours truly went to the grocery store last night for a couple of items including panty liners (Always...dri-weave...long). And yes, I saw that acne-infested teenage brat snicker as he dropped the box on the floor before he bagged them just to draw more attention from his buddies at the other lanes. I knew what he was thinking too. "Man, I'll never be caught buying feminine hygiene products no way no how, ever." Right, kid. That'll exactly be your motto if you want to stay single the rest of your life.

10. Sure signs of Spring are showing up everywhere. Besides the balmy 60 to 70 degree weather, we have our first nest of bluebirds in our backyard. Big fat robins are congregating around the house. The buds on our dogwoods and Bradford pear trees are about to burst. Oh yeah, the price per gallon of gas just went up about $.20. No snake sightings. Still too early but we'll keep you posted!

10 comments:

moosh in indy. said...

I really like it when I have to buy whisker dye for my husband. The looks I've gotten.
Don't tell him I told you he uses whisker dye.

Ben and Bennie said...

Has he repaid the favor? Tampons? Liners? Pregnancy test kit? Now that one was a good one.

Jeni said...

cody uses whisker dye? sweet. blackmail.

what a list, bennie.

u got an in at cnn, why don't you just call them and tell them to cut all this Anna Nicole business?

Anonymous said...

Bennie, it won't be the first time you use the black...Troy had black highlights! And he turned out perfect, at least your version did, even if the game didn't!

I will have to check out the Furman "funny men" because you tell some of the greatest stories while I'm working!

Mexican Dildo's...how did I miss that post?

9)...how about carrying a cup and instructions to the DH for a "sample" cuz he doesn't want to go to the urologist's office? And then actually carry the little swimmers back to the docs office for him????

Do you think we could keep Black Betty's relatives outside this year? Please??????

Anonymous said...

yes, you need black and words lots of words and lots of black and little bags to put those paintings in.........

Ben and Bennie said...

And then my stuff would look just like yours....Christy. Maybe I should start doing floor cloths?

kimmyk said...

I say use black. It speaks volumes. Even alone on a slate-it says something.

Oh don't even get me started on Redneck Mommy aka FISH. You know how she got that name right? I told you this story didn't I? Long story short-she spent time in jail. She even called me asking me for help-the phone conversation went something like this...
"Kimmy, I need your help. The popo's caught me at the border trying to smuggle in Mexican dildo's! Send money and get me out of here. The women in jail are checkin me out! I'll even give you my dog Nixon." To which I replied on the other end "I'm sorry. You got the wrong number!" and hung up. Because well, everyone knows that DAN the wonder beagle is THE best.dog.ever. Psshhaa!

kimmyk said...

Hey what do you use to clean that boy up after a hard day of doodling?

Anonymous said...

We take him out back and pressure wash him.

(Actually soap and water).

Isn't there a card game named after T.? Go Redneck Mommy?

kimmyk said...

I LOL'd at the pressure wash comment. Poor Ben! LOL.

Yeah and I heard they're making those cards a scratch and sniff too. Guess that's for all those lonely sailors out there missin' their girls.