Monday, February 12, 2007

On the Palette

Brilliant Blue: Interesting night at the Grammy's yesterday. It was so cool to see The Police back together again. Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers have lived in the shadows of Sting for twenty years now and have never garnered the notoriety they should have for making the band what it was which is nothing short of brilliant.

Putting the trio together lit a fire under Sting's arse for the first time in awhile (twenty years maybe?). I own nothing Sting has recorded solo and probably never will. I'd love to see them in concert again but ticket prices have gone through the roof since the early 80s when I first saw them live.

The rest of the show was extremely disappointing with the exception of the trio performance of Corinne Bailey Rae (Lord, she is HOT!!!), John Legend, and John Mayer. Whoa Nellie! That was THE highlight of the night!

As for The Dixie Chicks, I have nothing good to say about them. I truly despised their smirking attitude throughout the night. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a fan of George Bush but as entertainers, they have a job to do which is entertain. They didn't need some snide political remark to excite their fans in a foreign country. Their talents and music should stand on it's own. The backlash they received was justified and very much expected. I find it disgusting that they have essentially flipped off the country music industry which made them famous.

Best line of the night goes to Jamie Foxx who quipped that Snoop Dog had left the building when he heard The Police were there.

Acra Blue Violet: Ben's seizures are becoming more frequent. In fact Joan took him to our pediatrician on Saturday to check on the situation. A long story short, we don't know what is triggering them. I will freely admit that I'm a bit frightened at the situation at hand.

Ben threw up everything he ingested yesterday afternoon. Today he alarmed Lisa, one of our trusted nurses, several times with episodes that included him turning blue due to lack of oxygen in his blood stream. He's now back on full-time monitoring so we can tell if he's in trouble. This is very hard on me and Joan. This is actually the first time in two years we've had to take such a drastic measure to insure Ben's health. The little guy is not his normal self and it greatly concerns us.

More than likely we'll be visiting a neurologist here locally that I'm not very fond of. He is the one that pretty much wrote Ben off when he was two, given the MRI information. I would prefer to not be there when he sees my son but I have way too much at stake to hear things second hand.

Red Oxide: It's hard to believe that I'll be setting up my first show of the year in a little over two weeks. I'm very excited but at the same time I'm a bit worried given Ben's condition at the moment. We need the money but I certainly don't want to put undo pressure on Joan knowing how much we need her job and more importantly her health insurance. We need some good thoughts these days and I know most of you will gladly do that.

Cadmium Red: I do want to say how incredibly impressed and inspired these days from reading your blogs! Honestly I can say that I'm quite envious of your writing abilities. I feel honored to be included on your blog rolls. I can also honestly say that I've been challenged as a father, husband, son, artist, friend, and acquaintance even more so than when I was in college. I just want to thank you for being the wonderful people you are and I will always appreciate your thoughts and words!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just a thought... try seeing one of the other docs in the office. I went one day with another child to see the one you speak of and didn't care for him either. There is one in the office, Dr. B. for short. I went with one child last week to see him... he was okay. I go back with her on Friday for an EEG, so maybe I will get a better picture of him then. Although it might be quite amusing to see the look on M's face when he sees the things Ben has achieved so far. Give some huge hugs and kisses to my little man.

kimmyk said...

wow, sorry to hear about ben. wonder what's up. has his activities changed? too much stimulation? i dont know...grasping at straws here. i hope someone figures something out-although i'm sure ben loves blue...it's not a color i'd like to see on my child. frustating i'm sure. i'd be a nervous wreck.

now, i thought the grammy's sucked. too many bad things to pick it apart...oh well...maybe next year it will be worth me staying up to watch.

Jeni said...

big ups to ben.

as for you, mister, we'll have to agree to disagree on the dixie chicks. them poor gals are getting nothing but flack from their conservative listeners. before being entertainers, they are artists and art doesn't understand political correctness.

Anonymous said...

I hope Ben is having a good day today!!

Vance said...

Bennie, I'll be praying for you, Ben, and the rest of your family.

Also, I don't really know who Corinne Bailey Rae is, but I really like John Legend and John Mayer, so I bet that was pretty sweet.

Take care and talk to you soon.

Kelly said...

I'm sorry I missed reading this post earlier. Keeping you all in our prayers. I just love how you attach color to different topics. Very cool!