The Thinking Meme
I was tagged by The Curmudgeon about a week and a half ago. If you regular readers recall CNN came calling and life turned upside down for about a week. So on the day that The Cur (my newest pet name for the honest-to-goodness furthest thing from a cur) is doing The Super Bowl Shuffle for the first time in over twenty years I will respond to his tag and finally reveal my answers.
1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
Wow. So many choices and so little time. I love good cigars. I occasionally smoke a pipe with my own tobacco blend I created at a local cigar shop. I like beer but I LOVE wine. Give me my Chardonnay!
2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
I’m a firm believer in changing the world one person at a time. I know that in my own life my views and beliefs have been challenged and even changed drastically by getting to know folks and really listening to them. If I could change one thing it would be that humans develop a better propensity to listen rather than react.
3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
The Tasmanian Devil. Out of curiosity I asked my wife and she said the same thing.
4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
The day before my dad passed away unexpectantly. He was just 51. Yesterday evening our family went to a surprise birthday party for one of closest friends in the world. It was his fiftieth.
5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be?
My grandfather Barrett. He was my father’s father and I can’t even remember him anymore. I’m told by folks that remember him well that he was one of the best men they’ve ever known. That’s saying something special about somebody who died over 40 years ago.
6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
My baseball/football card collection. I actually give them to my youngest brother who obviously inherited a gold mine. You're welcome, little brother.
7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
I’m a very good singer and decent songwriter. I used to perform professionally.
9. What is your most cherished possession?
I’m gonna guess that this is a materialistic question so I will say my 1983 Takemine Koa wood acoustic guitar (pictured above). If we're talking value to my heart I’d have to say my wife and children.
10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
My mother followed closely by my father.
11. What one word describes you better than any other?
In in keeping with tradition in the Blogosphere I hearby tag KimmyK, blogwhore, and Creative Type Dad with this meme which turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought.