Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Life Without Regrets

There really is no such thing.  That point was made so very clear via a farewell to life in a blog post written a few weeks ago by a friend from my past. I had no idea that she was sick even though we shared quite a few friends on Facebook and quite frankly I don't know how I would've responded since we hadn't seen or even heard from one another for close to two decades.  I'd like to think we would've rekindled our friendship...that she would've gained strength and courage knowing Ben's story...that I would've (like so many others) been there for her in the end.

I do know that through her words after death I have learned something new about regrets and failures: they are as much a part of the human experience as success, learning, growing, and most importantly love & forgiveness.  This is an e-mail I sent to several close friends and family today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.